Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ask God for God, you Chelsea FC Fans!


My Dear Muslims, Jews, Christians, Hindus, Pagans, Wicans, Zoroastrians, and Chelsea FC soccer fans…

TEACH? I do not presume to teach. How can I? For that would mean I know something more than you. And I don’t really.

CARE? I do not presume even to care. Oh, I write such stuff off and on, implying that perhaps I care for you. But I cannot, for I am in need of caring, you see. How can I help you? If you are not well, then compared to you I am in the intensive care unit. I am on life-support and at any moment I may go.

UNDERSTAND? I do not presume to understand. This is strange considering the amount I write. But it is true nonetheless. Otherwise, I would not be so contradictory in the things that I say and do. Oh no, I do not understand, not really.
.

MERCIFUL? I do not presume to offer mercy. For I am in need of mercy myself. I can see mercy and speak of it, but you have no need of mercy from me - For I am a servant, although I often act like a master. But the truth is, I am blind and forgetful like the rest.

SOLACE? I cannot offer solace to anyone. How can I, when daily I am in need of solace myself?

In the end, all that I am doing here in this blog is SHARING.

I am sorry that I cannot give you any of the rest. I wish I could.

I really do. And YES… even to Chelsea fans.
.
So until tomorrow, sunshine, I leave you in the good grace of God, the Numero Uno in whom you can find all the wisdom, kindness, understanding, mercy and solace that you heart desires. My last advice, if you choose to take it, is this - If you are asking anything from God, do not be reticent or shy to ask for money, to pass that exams, to get that promotion or to win the heart of that hottie bank clerk. But if you are really shameless and your ambition is bigger than all-Creation, ask of God that one thing which you TRULY cannot live without - ASK GOD FOR GOD.

Pax Taufiqa!

Footnote: Oh, btw, my club is Nottingham Forest. I am a sucker for lost causes. Chelsea fan pics is from The Star newspaper. Chelsea was on an Asian promo tour in July 2008 and played a friendly against Malaysia's national team. Of course being Malaysians, many supported Chelsea. Don't ask why.

No comments: