Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Angels, Women aka Vessels of Creation, and Poor Foolish Men

ANGELS. I like drawing them. Angels are easy to sketch and no one has ever taken a picture of one. So there is no critic to question the accuracy of my drawings. Perhaps one day an angel will appear before me, and if the stories are true they could be as small as the smallest leaf on the smallest tree, for I am told that there are seven angels standing on each leaf in this world. Just as an angel rides each drop of rain falling anywhere in the world. That's a LOT OF angels.
.
NO GENDER ISSUES. I wanted to say that I have met many people of angelic virtues in this life. But the truth is that such people (and I know you have met many yourselves!) are exhibiting human virtues, for the rules for mankind and angels are not the same. Of immediate attention is the fact that angels are sexless. There is no gender-bias issues for angels amongst themselves.
.
I DON'T OGLE, I 'GAZE'.I am further informed that angels habitually gaze on women rather than men. No, not for the same reasons that I er... gaze at women but because women generally have a bigger share of the Divine Beauty of God. This Divine Attractiveness is no doubt a collateral effect of being the Vessel of Creation. I love to remember this following praise to our Lord...
.
Glory be to our Lord of all believers and unbelievers! Glory be unto He in Whose Name women cry out in bringing forth the child (into the world)!
.
I am happy to be a guy, a dude, a man. And I cannot imagine what it is like to be a girl / woman. In fact, I cannot fathom 86% of the time what goes on in Heche's head. After a while I stop trying. Its like trying to understand God Himself. "A woman is like the sea", someone terribly wise once said to me, "you can read the waves and ripples, but better not jump in. After all, you might drown."
.
Alas, we men will always reply, "But the water looks, oh so lovely and inviting."
.
Have a nice day, sunshine.
.
Pax Taufiqa
.
Post Script - My friend Zulfikar wrote this comment about this posting in Facebook. It is so sweet that I wanna share it with you... "I had birth mark that really annoyed me.When i was 7,my mother used to say that it was a kiss from an angel.I believe in my mother.Then my mother kissed me because she don't want me to worry about my birth mark.since then,I believe that my... mother is an angel cos she kissed me even though I don't know how an angel looks like.I asked her "mak..macam mane rupe angel" (Mum, how does an angel look like?) and she said"Just like you,and your brothers and your little sister and the chief angel is over there,reading newspaper.Go and kiss him" I look at him... He is my father."

No comments: